Learn how governments are meeting unprecedented demand for social safety services and why a human-centered approach for recipients and government workers matters more now than ever before.
Under urgent demand from millions of Americans and unprecedented operating conditions, governments are rising to meet critical needs covered by social safety net programs at the center of government response to the effects of COVID-19.
During operational upheaval, human-centered approaches might feel like they can be easily jettisoned. But being human-centered is not only relevant during this time of crisis—it’s vital. A human-centered approach will keep us from just ticking boxes and following processes, and help us focus on meeting peoples’ needs at scale.
Join us to gain insights from our participants, including federal and state policy analysts, transformation and innovation consultants, and Code for America’s Senior Director for Social Safety Net, who will discuss these topics and more:
- How government teams are putting benefits recipients first and empowering frontline workers for action.
- Practical advice for all levels of government and the organizations that work closely with them, from operations to digital tools to policy advocacy.
- How Code for America’s real-time SNAP application data provides evidence that can inform substantive policy changes, and how operational data helps change processes to improve continuously in a time of crisis.
- How past experience improving safety net outcomes and efficiency can be applied today.
- How partnerships and collaboration can best serve governments and organizations in this moment.
Questions for our panelists? Join us and ask live, or tweet at @codeforamerica and use the #CFASummit hashtag.