Want to know what people are looking for on your government's website? Use the City Analytics Dashboard
You can setup a dashboard in just a couple of minutes if you have:
- Access to the associated Google Analytics account
- The ability to use or create a free account with Heroku
- Live: dashboard.dfd.codeforamerica.org
- Codebase: https://github.com/codeforamerica/city-analytics-dashboard
- Redeploy: Use the Dashboard Setup application or follow installation instructions on GitHub.
The dashboard is a fork of an open source project created by Edd Sowden for the UK's Government Digital Service. Initially, the dashboard was created for the City of Oakland as part of the first phase of collaborative work between Code for America and the city on the Digital Front Door initiative. It provided a simple way to help the city employees to understand more about their online visitors.
Making Virtual Community Members Visible with the City Analytics Dashboard
The dashboard is an accessible, first-step tool for web teams to engage city staff in the experience and needs of digital visitors.Read more