Government works best when it’s government by the People. On August 11th, join the Code for America Brigades as we host National Day of Civic Hacking–a nationwide day of action to bring together civic leaders to work with our local governments to tackle some our toughest challenges.
National Day of Civic Hacking will be held August 11th, 2018.
As the date approaches, this page will include a list of events near you.
About National Day of Civic Hacking
National Day of Civic Hacking is a nationwide day of action to bring together civic leaders to work with our local governments to tackle some our toughest challenges.
Some types of successful events from the past have been:
- Hackathons: Events where people come in with ideas for an app and create prototypes at the event.
- City Camps: Unconference events where people discuss the problems in their city and create the connections necessary to solve them
- Design Camps: Events where we use user-centered design to reimagine government services.
Who's this for?
This event is for people who love their city and want their cities to be better places. These events bring together community leaders, coders, government staff, designers, non-profit employees, data scientists, and anyone with a stake in their government.
Resources for Organizers
Please use the resources, downloads and guides below to help plan your event. If you have questions about National Day of Civic Hacking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to Read
- What is Civic Tech?
- Civic Wants, Civic Needs, Civic Tech
- So you want to reform democracy?
- Building Technology With, Not For Communities
Join our Slack