CodeAcross is this weekend and we’re getting pumped for all of the great events that will be happening in communities across the world.
Wondering what we’re so excited about? Here are just a few of the things we’re looking forward to:
- Six new Brigades are launching during CodeAcross weekend
- Three Brigades are working to draft an open data policy, and Porto Alegre is launching the city’s open data Mayoral policy order at CodeAcross
- Three Brigades are taking an inventory of the open data available from their local government
- Four Brigades are hosting Open Data/Beyond Transparency themed conferences, and at CodeAcross Grand Rapids, Friendly Code (the local Brigade) and the City of Grand Rapids will announce the launch of Grand Rapids Open Data, a city-supported community-powered data portal
- Eleven international communities are participating in CodeAcross
- 27 communities are hosting hack events, a majority of which are Open Data or Beyond Transparency themed, and #betaNYC is using a new approach to an -athon style event by hosting a prototype-athon where they’ll be prototyping tools for New York City Council, their staff, and Community Boards.
Curious to see how you can participate in this exciting weekend? Check out the complete list of events to get a sense of the breadth and depth of the topics the Code for America community will be working on over CodeAcross weekend at codeforamerica.org/codeacross.
Questions? Comments? Hit us up @codeforamerica.