The Peer Network is where local government innovators connect to share resources and best practices, and collaborate on common problems. Through regular trainings, discussions, and events civic innovators are empowered to be more effective leaders working together to build a 21st century government from within the walls of city hall.
Recently members have:
- Implemented open data portals, policies, and specifications
- Better engaged with residents through community groups, events, and contests
- Adopted new citizen-centric techniques for designing services
- Experimented with better approaches for procuring technology
Program Contact: gov-staff[at]codeforamerica.org
Are you a forward-thinking public servant? Join our community of local government innovators for access to free, actionable content tailored to support your work in civic innovation. Benefits include:
- Access to a network of 200+ individuals doing innovative work within government
- Written content and online trainings that range from general interest to in-depth case studies of innovation practice and skill sharing
- Collaborations on open Data Formats to get the most of your open data.
Join the Peer Network
Chief Information Officer, City of Anchorage
Lance Ahern has spent 30 years as a professional technologist, Now as Anchorage's Chief Information Officer he is a fervent supporter of the local technology and startup communities.
CIO, Palo Alto, Calif.
Dr. Jonathan Reichental, currently the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the City of Palo Alto, Calif., is an award-winning technology leader whose 20-year career has spanned both the private and public sectors.
Chief Information Officer, City of Asheville
By demonstrating the economic value of open data, Jonathan Feldman has helped make Asheville (population 85,000) a city nationally recognized as a leader in innovation.
Mentors and Peer Experts
- Alistair Croll, Author, Lean Analytics — lean approaches in government
- Mark Headd, Chief Data Officer, City of Philadelphia — tech procurement
- Susan Crawford, Author, Captive Audience — municipal broadband
- Ben Balter, Government Evangelist, GitHub — government using open source
- Laurenellen Mccann, National Policy Manager, Sunlight Foundation — open data policy
- Nick O’Brien, Analytics Unit Chief of Staff, Mayor's Office of Policy and Strategic Planning, NYC — civic analytics